Garmin UNBOUND Gravel XL Training Camp
The UNBOUND Gravel XL is hard, long, and Extra Large. This camp is about personal growth and self-challenge…with a whole lotta fun mixed in. Push your mind, body and spirit to the limit to help you prepare for the grueling 350 mile race. Your potential is boundless!
Registration opens December 1st!
Entry into the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel XL event
- 4 days of guided rides on sections of the UNBOUND Gravel XL course, led by some of the most amazingly talented and friendly gravel grinders around!
- Professional mechanic support both on and off the bike
- “Hot Topic” talks covering important UNBOUND Gravel XL survival info
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner from locally sourced vendors
- 2021 UNBOUND Gravel Cycling kit (bibs and jersey, $200+ value)
- Great SWAG from top UNBOUND Gravel sponsors and other cool UNBOUND Gravel-branded gear
- Local discounts at participating merchants
- Lifetime friendships in addition to the satisfaction earned from putting in the work to achieve something great!
Camp Entry Fee
$2,200 (includes entry into the UNBOUND Gravel XL.)
- Minimum $400 deposit required to reserve spot in camp. Deposit is non-refundable.
Registration opens December 1st!
What to Bring
This checklist comes directly from the UNBOUND Gravel XL Guide.
- Location tracking device (Garmin inReach, Spot Tracker, etc.) Cycling computer / GPS
- Flashing red tail light Steady-beam front light Minimum of 2 liters of water
- Basic food
- Two spare inner tubes
- Air pump or inflation system Cell phone
- Debit card / cash
Additional Items You Should Consider:
- Back-up headlamp
- CamelBak / hydration pack Rain jacket
- Emergency blanket Puncture repair kit
- Chain tool and other misc. tools First aid kit
- Chamois Butt’r Chain lube Compass
Training Camp will take in many of the same roads used for UNBOUND Gravel XL. You will have a great opportunity to test your mind, body, and machine on the rugged and remote Flint Hills gravel roads.
- Saturday night ride! That’s right, we will gear up after dinner and launch for a 100+ mile journey through the night. It is an inevitable fact that you will face the darkness at the UNBOUND Gravel XL, best to have experienced it first right here at camp!
- Total distances of over 200 miles in three days of riding
- Complete route information will be released to camp attendees
The deposit of $400 for camp is non-refundable. Final payment will be collected 30 days prior to the first day of camp. The balance is non-refundable within 30 days of camp. Camp must be paid in full in order to receive entry into the event. You can choose to defer your camp registration to the following year for a fee of $100.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
While we hope things are greatly improved in 2021, we understand we will all still need to do our utmost to protect ourselves and keep those around us safe. To that end, we believe our camps will provide a safe opportunity to get back to doing what we love most, exploring the world on two wheels and pushing our boundaries!
Most of our time at camp will be spent in the great outdoors riding our bikes. When in close proximity to other riders we ask that you please wear a buff or other face covering. Our indoor venues will have the ability to maintain an appropriate social distance. We will also have ample hand sanitizer throughout the weekend.
As always, we will continually be monitoring the situation with local health officials and civic leaders. We will keep athletes updated as we receive new information about the local situation.