Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 100
Saturday, June 4th, 2022
200/100/50/25 Lottery: January 5th-January 18th
Deferral registration will be open November 1st through November 30th!
200/100/50/25 Selection Announcement Date: January 26th
Added to the event line up as a “stepping stone” to our 200 mile main stage event, the 100 quickly became a race in and of itself. Perfect for those looking for a long day in the saddle, all the challenges of Flint Hills gravel goodness, and just a bit less pain. You will enjoy a solid day of racing and riding and all back in time for enjoying some finish line festivities. Make no mistake, this isn’t all glory – there are plenty of guts needed for this 100 mile jaunt.
Event Pricing & Registration
The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 100-mile is a lottery event. Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2022 UNBOUND Gravel from January 5, 2022 until January 18, 2022.
Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
2022 Gravel Guide coming soon!
Please read this guide for more information on support crews!
Refunds, Transfers, Deferrals
If the Participant Pulls Out Of The Event For Any Reason
- Athlete can defer into the following year’s event and repay 100% of entry fee at time of registration. No deferral fee
- No refunds, no transfers, no exceptions.
Event Refund/Deferral Policies The Event Cancels (due to a series of reasons, including pandemic, natural disaster, etc.)
Athlete Option 1 Refund Option
- 90+ days out – 70% refund
- 60-89 days out – 50% refund
- 30-59 days out – 40% refund
Athlete Option 2 Deferral
- Complimentary, guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
- No transfers! No refunds on service fees or donations
Questions about this procedure can be submitted to: email@example.com
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay at Emporia State University
- Pork Belly Ventures – Check out this amazing lodging addition thanks to Pork Belly Ventures!
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for UNBOUND Gravel participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping and the Emporia Senior Center for tent camping. For Fairgrounds contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347. For Senior Center contact Ian Boyd: 620-343-3160.
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby. Below are a few links of neighboring communities to help in your search.
Additional Resources– As we enter the new year, we’ll share a Facebook group that you’re welcome to join to stay up to date with lodging options!
Crew For Hire
As you are aware, all participants must have a support crew present to assist in their journey. However, should you not be able to come with your own support crew, we have some options for you.
We partner with Never Let Go Fund and Camp Alexander to bring you world class support through our Support Crew-for-Hire program. Along with the Kansas City Jeep Club, these organizations work to make sure your only worry come race day is pedaling your bike.
- Racing Age – For all classifications and distances, “Racing Age” is based on the Rider’s age as of June 5, 2021. Minimum age requirement for UNBOUND Gravel 200 is 16 years of age.
- Fatbike – Minimum 3.8” tire width
- Single-speed – A type of bicycle with a single gear ratio.
- Tandem – a solitary bicycle frame with two wheels, designed to be operated by two riders.
- Pro Rider – “Pro Rider” is defined as a rider who considers themself a professional or elite cyclist, and who would like to be scored against fellow “pro riders”, therein removing themselves from age group categories.