2021 Event Registration and Random Selection Process
Due to high demand, we are unable to accommodate everyone who wishes to participate in Garmin UNBOUND Gravel. Therefore, a random selection process will be utilized to determine who will be allowed to participate in the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel events.
The process described herein pertains to the 350-mile, 200-mile, 100-mile, 50-mile, and 25-mile distance options for the 2021 Garmin UNBOUND Gravel. (Garmin UNBOUND Gravel Juniors will utilize a separate process.)
Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel from January 15, 2021 at 8:00 am CST, until January 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST. Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
Selection and Payment of Entry Fees:
Winning entries will be selected on or about February 8, 2021, subject to event eligibility requirements. The individuals whose names are selected will be awarded entry in the 2021 Garmin UNBOUND Gravel. These selected event participants will be notified by email, per the contact information they provide. Each participant’s credit card will be charged the event registration fee, a processing fee, state sales tax, as well as any additional fees for add-on items chosen by the participant. If your card is declined for any reason, your spot may be forfeited. Those applicants who are not selected for participation will also be notified.
Group Registration Option
A group registration option is recommended for family, friends, and other small groups (up to four individuals) who ONLY want to participate if they can do so together. The first athlete registering will be required to create a Group Name. All subsequent group members must submit their name for selection consideration using the same Group Name matching exactly. For example… If your Group Name is “RaceTheSunRiders”, the Group Name “Race The Sun Riders” will not match you with other members of your group. The Group Name will be the name entered into the selection process. If the Group Name is selected, each member of the group will be accepted to participate, and charged the appropriate fees. Individual group members are not required to participate in the same event distance. Please note – if you are choosing to use the group registration option, you will forfeit any consideration as outlined below.
Individual Participant Registration Fees
UNBOUND Gravel 350-mile distance – $150
UNBOUND Gravel 200-mile distance – $240
UNBOUND Gravel 100-mile distance – $130
UNBOUND Gravel 50-mile distance – $50
UNBOUND Gravel 25-mile distance – $35
UNBOUND Gravel Junior Race – $40
For more details on registration options and classifications, the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel Guide is coming soon and will be found under the “Info” tab.
- Only one application for selection per person. (Either as an individual, or as part of a group.) Individuals found to have multiple applications will have ALL applications voided and removed from consideration.
- Consideration will be given to multi-time UNBOUND Gravel 200 Finishers nearing 1,000 Mile Club status.
- The entire selection and registration process shall be at the sole discretion of the event organizers, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding.
- Event organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the selection process at any time and for any reason.
- Event organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual suspected or believed to be tampering with the entry selection process, or to be acting in violation of these rules, or acting in such a way as to be detrimental to the integrity of this event.
- Event organizers shall not be responsible for incomplete entries, declined credit cards, nor entries received after the application deadline.
Refunds, Transfers, Deferrals:
Event Refund/Deferral Policies
One thing we have all learned from 2020 – it’s going to take all of us adjusting to be able to come together in the community spirit of UNBOUND Gravel. We want you to be aware of our fee and refund structure now, in the event you need to change your plans or in the event of a catastrophic event causing a 2021 cancelation. We hope all of this helps guide you in your deferral decision.
The Event Cancels (due to a series of reasons, including pandemic, natural disaster, etc.)
Athlete Option 1 Refund Option
- 90+ days out – 70% refund
- 60-89 days out – 50% refund
- 30-59 days out – 40% refund
No transfers! No refunds on service fees or donations
Athlete Option 2 Deferral
Complimentary, guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
Participant Pulls Out
Athlete can defer into the following year’s event and repay 50% of entry fee at time of registration, no deferral fee.
Should athlete defer less than 2 weeks prior to the event – defer into the following year’s event and repay full entry fee, no deferral fee.
No refunds, no transfers, no exceptions.
Questions about this procedure can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org