Garmin UNBOUND Gravel XL
Friday, June 4th, 2021
While our 200 sets the stage for the big events of the weekend, the Garmin UNBOUND Gravel XL offers up that solo pursuit you just may be looking for. The UNBOUND Gravel XL stands in a class of its own. This self supported journey through the Flint Hills presents an unparalleled challenge of your body, mind and spirit. If your penchant for pain is matched only by your sense of adventure you’re in the right company.
Over the course of 350 miles, you’ll challenge yourself, you’ll inspire yourself, hell, you’ll downright hate yourself. But you got here for a reason and your potential knows no boundary.
Each and every person that joins us on the start line of the UNBOUND Gravel 350 has a reason for being here.
Event Pricing & Registration
The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 350-mile is a lottery event. Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel from January 15, 2021 at 8:00 am CST, until January 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST.
Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
TrackLeader Information: REQUIRED
Participation in Unbound XL requires the use of a tracking device (either a Garmin inReach or a SPOT tracker) AND registration in the Trackleaders online mapping service. This is separate from whatever system will be used for navigation, be that a cycling GPS or map and compass. With this route being so long, at times quite remote, and going through the night, this sort of tracking device is the best way to ensure the safety of all riders.
Follow the link below to the Trackleaders registration page. Within that registration, you will sign up for tracking and can also rent a SPOT tracker just for the weekend of the event. If you plan on renting a device, you must sign up by Friday, May 28th. The SPOTs will not ship to individual riders, they will ship to us at UNBOUND Gravel HQ. We will then distribute them to riders at packet pick up. Riders are responsible for returning the units to a race official upon either completion or abandonment of the race. Whether you have your own device or are renting, we suggest testing that it is functioning properly the night or two before the ride starts!
Refunds, Transfers, Deferrals
Event Refund/Deferral Policies
One thing we have all learned from 2020 – it’s going to take all of us adjusting to be able to come together in the community spirit of UNBOUND Gravel. We want you to be aware of our fee and refund structure now, in the event you need to change your plans or in the event of a catastrophic event causing a 2021 cancelation. We hope all of this helps guide you in your deferral decision.
The Event Cancels (due to a series of reasons, including pandemic, natural disaster, etc.)
Athlete Option 1 Refund Option
- 90+ days out – 70% refund
- 60-89 days out – 50% refund
- 30-59 days out – 40% refund
No transfers! No refunds on service fees or donations
Athlete Option 2 Deferral
Complimentary, guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
Participant Pulls Out
Athlete can defer into the following year’s event and repay 50% of entry fee at time of registration, no deferral fee.
Should athlete defer less than 2 weeks prior to the event – defer into the following year’s event and repay full entry fee, no deferral fee.
No refunds, no transfers, no exceptions.
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay at Emporia State University
- Pork Belly Ventures – Check out this amazing lodging addition thanks to Pork Belly Ventures!
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for UNBOUND Gravel participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping and the Emporia Senior Center for tent camping. For Fairgrounds contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347. For Senior Center contact Ian Boyd: 620-343-3160.
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby. Below are a few links of neighboring communities to help in your search.
Additional Resources– As we enter the new year, we’ll share a Facebook group that you’re welcome to join to stay up to date with lodging options!