Garmin UNBOUND Gravel Training Camp
Garmin UNBOUND Gravel hosts a world premier training camp in Emporia, KS tailored for gravel enthusiasts each Spring. This 4 day training camp focuses on preparing the athlete’s mind, body, and machine for the rigors of UNBOUND Gravel and other epic endurance endeavors. Camp athletes will learn through educational seminars, test their equipment on the gravel roads of the Flint Hills, and train their bodies with abundant riding. Athletes can also enjoy great locally sourced food to stay fueled throughout the weekend! And it wouldn’t be an UNBOUND Gravel Camp without amazing goodies from our UNBOUND Gravel sponsors.
Camp includes entry into either the UNBOUND Gravel 200 or UNBOUND Gravel 100 event distances. There’s no better way to earn a coveted UNBOUND Gravel finish than with our Training Camp.
Registration opens December 1st!
UNBOUND Gravel requires a lot to conquer, so we’ve got a lot in store to keep you stylin’ and survivin’!
- Entry into either the UNBOUND 200 or UNBOUND 100 mile event.
- Four days of guided rides on sections of the UNBOUND course, led by some of the most amazingly talented and friendly gravel grinders around!
- Professional mechanic support both on and off the bike.
- “Hot Topic” talks covering important UNBOUND survival info.
- Three dinners and breakfasts, and two lunches.
- 2020 UNBOUND Cycling kit (bibs and jersey, $200+ value).
- Great SWAG from top UNBOUND sponsors and cool UNBOUND gear
- Local discounts at participating merchants.
- Lifetime friendships in addition to the satisfaction earned from putting in the work to achieve something great.
Camp Entry Fee
$2,200 (includes entry into either the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel 200 or UNBOUND Gravel 100)
- Minimum $400 deposit required to reserve spot in camp. Deposit is non-refundable.
Registration opens December 1st!
Meet The Staff
We are very proud of the crew we have assembled to help guide you in your UNBOUND Gravel Training Camp experience. You will have direct access to former UNBOUND Gravel champions, professionals, sponsor reps, and weekend warriors who know how to get it done. These men and women have all proven themselves against UNBOUND Gravel time and again. Our coach to athlete ratio is 1:4 – that guarantees you will have ample time to ride next to and pick the brains of these extraordinary athletes all weekend long. Our mechanics are hand picked and are from the gravel-proven Midwest. These folks know gravel-specific equipment and are ready to keep you grinding down the road!
What to Bring
EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST Each participant must carry with them (on their body, or on their bike) every item on this list:
- Cycling computer or GPS device. (To track your mileage.)
- Red tail light.
- Front light.
- Minimum of two liters of water or sports drink.
- Two spare inner tubes.
- Air pump or inflation system.
- A cell phone to contact the “outside world” should you need help.
ADDITIONAL Supplies You Should SERIOUSLY Consider:
- A GPS system to communicate your exact location to support or rescue personnel in the event of an emergency.
- Small pack / hydration pack
- Waterproof / windproof jacket
- Extra thermal top or warm layer
- An emergency / survival blanket
- Food – energy bars, gels, chocolate, etc.
- Tire levers
- Puncture repair kit
- Chain tool
- Allen wrench set
- Spoke wrench
- First aid kit
- Chamois Butt’r
- Chain lube
- Cash, debit card or credit card. (To purchase food, water, supplies.)
Training Camp will take in many of the same roads used for UNBOUND Gravel. You will have a great opportunity to test your mind, body, and machine on the rugged and remote Flint Hills gravel roads.
- Expect distances of approximately 50 miles on Friday and Sunday and 100 miles on Saturday. That will put you at around 200 miles total for the weekend!
· Complete route information will be released to camp attendees.
The deposit of $400 for camp is non-refundable. Final payment will be collected 30 days prior to the first day of camp. The balance is non-refundable within 30 days of camp. Camp must be paid in full in order to receive entry into the event. You can choose to defer your camp registration to the following year for a fee of $100.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
While we hope things are greatly improved in 2021, we understand we will all still need to do our utmost to protect ourselves and keep those around us safe. To that end, we believe our camps will provide a safe opportunity to get back to doing what we love most, exploring the world on two wheels and pushing our boundaries!
Most of our time at camp will be spent in the great outdoors riding our bikes. When in close proximity to other riders we ask that you please wear a buff or other face covering. Our indoor venues will have the ability to maintain an appropriate social distance. We will also have ample hand sanitizer throughout the weekend.
As always, we will continually be monitoring the situation with local health officials and civic leaders. We will keep athletes updated as we receive new information about the local situation.