Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 25 & 50
Saturday, June 5th, 2021
Leave the triple-digit distances to the sadists and join us for 25 beautiful miles of famous Flint Hills gravel. The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 25 will take you on a journey through some of the most stunning gravel roads we have to offer before returning to the cheering fans in Downtown Emporia.
You don’t have to ride 200 miles to experience the world-class gravel that the Flint Hills have to offer. Challenge yourself to 50 scenic miles along the prairies, grassland and rolling hills outside of Emporia. The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel 50 packs all the beauty of the longer distances into a more condensed route that will leave you feeling tall and proud as you cross the finish line in downtown Emporia.
Super family-friendly, we encourage you to bring the whole crew!
Event Pricing & Registration
The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel is a lottery event. Individuals will have the opportunity to submit their name for participation in the 2021 UNBOUND Gravel from January 15, 2021 at 8:00 am CST, until January 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST.
Registration for event entry selection will be free of charge. However, credit card information will be collected at the time you submit your name for consideration. Your credit card will be charged only if you are accepted to participate in the event.
50-Mile Pricing: $50
25-Mile Pricing: $35
Refunds, Transfers, Deferrals
Event Refund/Deferral Policies
One thing we have all learned from 2020 – it’s going to take all of us adjusting to be able to come together in the community spirit of UNBOUND Gravel. We want you to be aware of our fee and refund structure now, in the event you need to change your plans or in the event of a catastrophic event causing a 2021 cancelation. We hope all of this helps guide you in your deferral decision.
The Event Cancels (due to a series of reasons, including pandemic, natural disaster, etc.)
Athlete Option 1 Refund Option
- 90+ days out – 70% refund
- 60-89 days out – 50% refund
- 30-59 days out – 40% refund
No transfers! No refunds on service fees or donations
Athlete Option 2 Deferral
Complimentary, guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
Participant Pulls Out
Athlete can defer into the following year’s event and repay 50% of entry fee at time of registration, no deferral fee.
Should athlete defer less than 2 weeks prior to the event – defer into the following year’s event and repay full entry fee, no deferral fee.
No refunds, no transfers, no exceptions.
- Emporia hotels – these are in hot demand and are going fast. Click here to be directed to the Emporia Visitor Bureau’s listing of all Emporia hotels.
- Dorm stay at Emporia State University
- Pork Belly Ventures – Check out this amazing lodging addition thanks to Pork Belly Ventures!
- Homestays – Many Emporians are happy to open their home for UNBOUND Gravel participants and their entourage. Visit websites like airbnb.com to find these options.
- Camping – Space is available at the Lyon County Fairgrounds for both RV and tent camping and the Emporia Senior Center for tent camping. For Fairgrounds contact Ken Duff: 620-343-5347. For Senior Center contact Ian Boyd: 620-343-3160.
- Area communities – There are plenty of communities in the area that have lodging options available as well. Expand your search if Emporia is full and stay in a quiet town nearby. Below are a few links of neighboring communities to help in your search.
Additional Resources– As we enter the new year, we’ll share a Facebook group that you’re welcome to join to stay up to date with lodging options!